Check back often for updated job openings at Five Points Bank!
- Five Points Bank in Grand Island, Nebraska is seeking team members to continue making us “The Better Bank” – we are committed to the success of our team and of our customers. Please see the career opportunity below and how you can be part of the Five Points Bank Team.
The focus of IT Network Technician is to support and maintain all IT-related assets. This includes installation, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware and software, while maintaining its optimal performance. Additionally, provides first and second tier support for end-user calls to the Help Desk. Due to the large and complex nature of the IT infrastructure, some degree of specialization in certain areas may be necessary while a general proficiency with all areas is still required.
- Provide technical support for all software and hardware issues that impact end-user productivity.
- Provide general and advanced support for the operations of the network, to include troubleshooting and working with vendors.
- Communicate with Technology Department staff and end-users regarding outages, changes, or other information when appropriate.
- Monitor the status of all IT assets, alerting appropriate personnel and responding to loss of performance or outages when necessary.
- Receive and respond to incoming support tickets, phone calls, and email requests in a timely manner.
- Support and enforce established policies and procedures.
- Assist with upgrades, patching, and projects assigned by other personnel within the Technology Department.
- Assist in development, planning, maintenance, and execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with administration and maintenance of regularly scheduled ad-hoc automation processes, ensuring the timely and accurate completion and performance of these routines.
- Conduct research, make recommendations, and perform testing of hardware and software products in support of procurement efforts.
- Work with vendors and partners to secure system-related products, services, and support as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Associate degree, college diploma or bachelor degree in the field of computer science with relevant previous work experience with minimum of four (4) years of experience
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards. Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Desktop)
- Microsoft server application platforms (SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.)
- VMware virtualization platforms
- Workflow process automation concepts and administration
- FiServ Premier banking applications
- Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting experience necessary
- Background in data center operations
- Knowledge of bank operations and procedures
- Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required
- This position is an hourly position Monday through Friday and will require evenings and weekends depending on program upgrades, project schedules and maintenance needs.